ISO 14001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for an effective environmental management system (EMS). It provides a framework that an organization can follow, rather than establishing environmental performance requirements.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provides value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties.
ISO 14001 aims to integrate the organization’s EMS into the core organizational strategy
Advantages Of ISO 14001:2015
- Demonstrate compliance with current and future statutory and regulatory requirements.
- An environmental management system can help you bring down your environmental liability risks too
- Identify cost savings with greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management.
- Quantify, monitor and control the impact of operations on the environment, now and in the future.
- Achieve strategic business aims by incorporating environmental issues into business management.
- Provide a competitive and financial advantage through improved efficiencies and reduced costs.
- Encourage better environmental performance of suppliers by integrating them into the organization’s business systems.