ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
ISO 50001:2011 specifies requirements applicable to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance
Advantages Of ISO 50001:2011
- Validate continuous improvement in energy management.
- Significant financial savings can be achieved through increased energy efficiency.
- ISO 50001 is the most robust energy management system, enabling organizations continual improvements on energy performance
- Create transparency in the management of energy resources.
- Evaluate the improvements in implementation of energy efficient technologies
- Promoting a framework for efficient use of energy in the organization